Thursday, June 24, 2010
Dark blue: Happy, romantic or passionate
Blue: Calm or relaxed
Blue-green: Somewhat relaxed
Green: Normal or average
Amber: A little nervous or anxious
Gray: Very nervous or anxious
Black: Stressed, tense or feeling harried
I should have included the meaning with the rings . . . but my mood ring would have appeared a little black today before class.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
In class today, we talked about ways to "sparkle and shine" through choosing to be active. It was great to hear about all the bike riding, hiking and swimming that had been happening during the week! And one child had gone on a 7 mile run - wow! The best part was seeing how excited the kids were about being active and how it made them feel good about themselves. It's a reminder that, as parents, we need to get our kids moving - it's good for the body, mind and soul!
Here are some tips for increasing physical activity for you child (many are great tips for grown-ups as well!):
- Encourage your child to move at every opportunity.
- Create an environment for active play both inside and outside the home.
- Participate in activities the whole family can enjoy together.
- Expose your child to as many different kinds of activities as possible in a non-intimidating environment.
- Provide opportunities for your child to climb, run and jump to develop muscular strength and bone density.
- Reserve a specific time each weekend dedicated to fun family fitness activities.
- Don't draw attention to sedentary activities with negative comments - instead, praise your children when they choose active play.
- Be a good role model - set a good example by participating in healthy physical activities.
- Enroll your child in a structured dance, sport or movement class (such as ZumbAtomic!)
*Tips adapted from Trim Kids by Melinda S. Sothern, Kristian von Almen, and Heidi Schumacher
Friday, June 11, 2010
Another way is by coming to ZA classes! We had lots of fun today and each child received a crazy straw because they are crazy about ZumbAtomic and to remind them to stay hydrated and drink lots of water.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
I look forward to meeting everyone and having lots of Zumba fun!